Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week ago I hatched out 12 coturinx quail and within the last 2 days one of them has gotten a crusty eye. It seems to be eating drinking and acting fine but I'm still concerned does anyone have any ideas. I've separated it from the remaining 11 for safety reasons

·
Registered
49 Posts
jmw283 said:
One week ago I hatched out 12 coturinx quail and within the last 2 days one of them has gotten a crusty eye. It seems to be eating drinking and acting fine but I'm still concerned does anyone have any ideas. I've separated it from the remaining 11 for safety reasons
I had frizzle chicks that started with crusty eyes and started dying end up being mycoplasma. I treated the older ones with shots of tylan 200 Have been told terimicin powder in water treats chicks. But all of my small ones eventually died

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the medication that y'all recommended and started treatment. Thanks for the advise. I hope it'll pull through

·
Banned
825 Posts
I suppose that I'm a "Hard-One"...but I can't see BUYING expensive medication for chickens.
( Unless, of course, it was a VERY EXCELLENT RARE bird.)
I'd just "cull-it" and buy or hatch new chicks.

It is just a chicken. It ain't your favorite "Ex-Mother-in-Law" !!!

Ha-Ha !!!
-ReTIRED- :D :)
P.S. I will READILY admit that I would spend GOBS of money (if available at the time) to do ANYTHING to help my BOXER-DOG !
He is FAMILY !

·
Registered
363 Posts
ReTIRED said:
I suppose that I'm a "Hard-One"...but I can't see BUYING expensive medication for chickens.

Ha-Ha !!!
P.S. I will READILY admit that I would spend GOBS of money (if available at the time) to do ANYTHING to help my BOXER-DOG !
He is FAMILY !
Ans chickens can be Family

·
Registered
49 Posts
ReTIRED said:

Ha-Ha !!!
He is FAMILY !
I'm a softie for any animal so if I thought it would help I will spend whatever it takes . My chickens and goats are my family too. I stay in trouble with my husband because of it but oh we'll :)-

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the recommendation of medication. The hens eye has cleared up and I've had none of the other chicks have any similar situations Thanks again

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's either funny or sad that I know this but there is bird shampoo. There are medicated kinds or if u chose to go natural use woodruff or worms wood leaves boil into a tea and when it cools down wash them in it. Use one or the other not both I sugest planting Woodruff around the coop because it is a natural insect repelant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts