Chicken Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...the coop is only about a month old and I have already remodeled it! How many of yall have done likewise??? I moved the "egg room" to the outside of the coop to make room for another roost pole inside.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I need to remodel. I just have a plain A frame. I would love to build a seperate duck/goose coop, and go with a raised floor, taller, and more rectangle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apyl said:
I need to remodel. I just have a plain A frame. I would love to build a seperate duck/goose coop, and go with a raised floor, taller, and more rectangle.
Thankfully, she likes the new egg laying room. Waiting for the other one to give her approval. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was thinking the same and have the nest area outside the aviary (run) putting in an extra perch and I could maybe introduce another pair to my small family

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ReTIRED said:
EFFECTIVELY....that "remodel" allows room for MORE CHICKENS at very little coop-cost.
GOOD THINKING !!! :D
-ReTIRED-:)
Not sure more will becoming. I think one of my hens is gonna be a him! Will have to deal with neighbors if so. :) After that we will see about more. :)

·
Banned
825 Posts
Not sure more will becoming. I think one of my hens is gonna be a him! Will have to deal with neighbors if so. :) After that we will see about more. :)
Ken...,
Unless things have changed a lot in your part of South Carolina, since I was there last, I wouldn't expect that you would have ANY problems with your neighbors regarding a rooster.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ReTIRED said:
Ken...,
Unless things have changed a lot in your part of South Carolina, since I was there last, I wouldn't expect that you would have ANY problems with your neighbors regarding a rooster.

I don't think so either. But, I do want to be a good neighbor and IF there is a problem I'll find him a home. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts