Cool Hand Luke

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Maryellen, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Maryellen

Maryellen Well-Known Member

I adopted him tuesday and brought him home friday. He is de stressing from the shelter and will meet the dogs and cats in a few weeks. He is around 2 years old and has limited sight. He had a home then was tossed out then after a bit got caught and brought to the shelter with encrusted shut eyes and a respiratory infection. The shelter healed him and after spending 2 months in the shelter i adopted him. A friend of mine said all my animals i adopt are meant to be and make things happen to wind up here.

Since his sight is limited im going extra slow with him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

boskelli1571, Steinwand and Nm156 like this.
  2. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts

3. Steinwand

Steinwand Active Member

He looks just like a cat my aunt hade named big spot for the "big spot on his nose"

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Scrooged Staff Member

Very sweet and congrats with your new family member!

5. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Active Member

He has a 'Hitler' mustache! :D

dawg53 likes this.
  6. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

More animals,what a way to start a new year.God bless for rescuing an animal from a shelter.I'm sure he will become a very important member of the family.You still have the cockatiels?

Wilbur's Mom likes this.
  7. Maryellen

Yep CQ still have the cockatiels and parakeets. I dont know how luke will react to them, tgis month will get him used to hearing them before he gets some freedom

8. Maryellen

Lol sue i didnt think of it that way .

9. Maryellen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can pet him now and he has started to purr

Steinwand and boskelli1571 like this.
  10. chickenqueen

Birds and cats can get along.Before I had kids,I had a cockatiel and a parakeet and they would get on the floor and eat with the cat.I have a picture but my daughter took all of my picture/albums(part of my Swedish death cleaning) or I'd post it.But if taught cats can live with birds.

Maryellen likes this.
  11. Maryellen

Kashi maybe, but not timmy or luke, they were thrown out to fend for themselves so i wont trust them. Timmy likes to sit next to their cages watching them.
    If i had a large parrot that would be different

12. Maryellen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He is getting more comfortable

13. Maryellen

14. chickenqueen

He's out of the cage.You're making progress.He looks very comfortable and at home.How's he taking the other cats and the dogs?How are the goats doing in this weather?Is the snow above their heads?My goat's coat got thick and scraggly looking in the winter but it kept him warm.

15. Maryellen

He is still in moes crate, i just had the door open so i could pet him. He sees the dogs and cats thru the crate if they come in the room. Im collecting the cat fur from timmy and kashi and putting it in the crate. The end of the month ill see how he does with the crate door open and the screen door shut

16. Maryellen

The goats are fat and super furry. The pine trees block most of the snow so they only have maybe 2 inches of snow in their yard

17. chickenqueen

I have lots of pines,too,and all the animals love to hang out under them,especially in summer.My goat chewed the lower branches off one but it made a perfect spot for the chickens to hang out and warm weather waterer and feeder so they have shelter to eat/drink and put the nursery(now goose town).It gets morning sun then is shaded the rest of the day.If he had to chew one up,he picked the best.

Maryellen likes this.
  18. Wilbur's Mom

Wilbur's Mom Active Member

Looking better and better each day!