Chicken Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tool Collecting

Collecting is additive! :D

I acquired the "Tool Disease" as a kid when we had very few tools on the home farm. I've been adding to my collection ever since, and just retired a couple years ago from our machine shop and welding business at home, where we did farm repair work.

Years ago, I did a lot of woodworking so I have a pretty fair collection of wood tools, too. I have too many tools, but I'm loathe to get rid of any. After almost 60 years of collecting, I refuse to be without the EXACT thing I need for any given job!

Yeah, it's an addiction... :eek:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Mine is guitars. 20 years ago I happened into a 1946 Epiphone Archtop. From that point I started looking for older Epi's. I now have 12, plus a couple Alvarez. Who needs that many guitars? :rolleyes:
Like machinist, I just can't bring myself to sell any of them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I collect books on military history.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
i collect militaria, coins, and family guy figures. my collection of cap badges and medals is the largest followed by coins.

·
Menopausal Cajun/Irish Woman of Substance
24 Posts
I collect dolls, antique German bisque dolls, old vinyl baby dolls, vintage Barbie, Asian ball joint dolls, 60's mod Japanese cloth dolls, 1/6th scale miniatures, Japanese toys from the 60's-80's, antique & vintage children's books. Assorted antique & vintage crafting "smalls" like knit, crochet, handmade lace or cloth remnants.....old floral sprays....old buttons, pins, pendants to turn into corsages, necklaces, bracelets & to decorate boring cloth totes. Vintage Christmas & Halloween ephemera, vintage clothing........I'm a garage sale Queen....a flea market Diva....you get the idea.

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
.......................books...................................

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh........................books...........................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts