Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 week old cockerel with a 3 week old hen, will I have to separate them when he starts tredding because I don't want fertile eggs, would he be okay on his own if he could still see the other hens?

·
Registered
289 Posts
shauna980 said:
I have a 3 week old cockerel with a 3 week old hen, will I have to separate them when he starts tredding because I don't want fertile eggs, would he be okay on his own if he could still see the other hens?
What's wrong with fertile eggs? So long as you collect them at least every three days, best to do it every day, there's nothin wrong with them at all. We eat fertile eggs everyday, as do many of chicken raisers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not keeping the cockerel as we're selling him so there's not much point in introducing him to flock, what is the best age to move him?

·
Registered
250 Posts
shauna980 said:
I'm not keeping the cockerel as we're selling him so there's not much point in introducing him to flock, what is the best age to move him?
I'm glad someone started this thread! I was gonna do the same thing. Because I live in a neighborhood where we are not allowed to have roosters.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reinerchick said:
I'm glad someone started this thread! I was gonna do the same thing. Because I live in a neighborhood where we are not allowed to have roosters.
My neighbours don't appreciate the noise from my chickens, so when my cockerel starts to crow god knows what they'll say!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oh gosh. People are so ridiculous with the whole "I don't wanna hear you or your animal" thing. Hens and chicks you can barely hear lol. And if you don't wanna hear a rooster than move somewhere that chickens aren't aloud. The noise doesn't bother me at all. But that's just my opinion :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts