Chicken Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
That would be awesome if they came out calico on the first try!

I realized earlier in all that I said that I didn’t say thank you- for letting me know about Hensley’s ‘siblings’ having some neuro issues too. It eases my mind that I did not do anything to cause this at least. A selfish reason to thank you, perhaps, but it does make me feel better nonetheless.

·
Administrator
18,604 Posts
Vitamin B is one of those vitamins that helps a ton with neuro issues in these guys. Having some B complex on hand is good and it doesn't become toxic like the some of the other vitamins.

·
Serama King
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
That would be awesome if they came out calico on the first try!

I realized earlier in all that I said that I didn’t say thank you- for letting me know about Hensley’s ‘siblings’ having some neuro issues too. It eases my mind that I did not do anything to cause this at least. A selfish reason to thank you, perhaps, but it does make me feel better nonetheless.
I thought it might ease your mind knowing it was nothing you had or hadn't done.

·
Super Moderator
3,242 Posts
Also, I figure we might trade some treatment items and see if there’s any common theme that might help. I’ve been loading Hens up with plenty of Omegas and anything else I can think of that assists in neurological pathway maintenance etc. So called brain foods- figure they work for us so they can’t hurt for theirs. Blueberries a ‘super food’ that she will eat, that kind of stuff. No idea if it has helped but she is starting to recover some, so I guess it’s not hurting.
And there are the other things we have talked about feeding her to keep her general nutrition and energy up too- NutriDrench, the hand feed, etc.
ok, just thought it was worthy info to add to the topic!
I need something for my neurologic pathway maintenance.

·
Registered
856 Posts
They make it now! Basically the same thing or is the same as all those ‘brain’ vitamins. All the brain is- is neurological pathways. So- can’t say you weren’t informed at least once! Maybe I’ll remind you in another day or two, hmm?

(And yeah, I’m aware you smarties already knew this. Don’t worry. Just forget it!)

·
Serama King
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
The cochin hen hatched all ten eggs, BUT they are not from the Poofy boy, they are Blue's. Apparently I did not wait long enough after removing Blue to start leaving the eggs in the cochin nest; even though I waited between 3 and 4 weeks. I hope there isn't any genetic problems as I do not know if the problem is with both cochin hens or Blue-have to wait and see.

Poults hatching today-I hope.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Awwww well that is disappointing to be sure- for you more than me I’m sure. I hate that you had to deal with that, I cannot fathom how that happens sometimes. Very bizarre and such a shame. At least we have TickTock to carry on, and you’ll know there isn’t a crazy gene in there either.

I’ll def keep fingers and toes crossed that these ones all come out ok, with no major genetic problems.

Hensley says Good morning! She’s a feisty one!

·
Serama King
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
She's looking better and better. OM-stop worrying about my dealing with Poof; it happens. I knew there was a chance the chicks might be from Blue, but after three weeks I had hoped some would be from Poof. Next time around I'll try TickTock.

·
Serama King
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I assisted the last egg and it's a first. The egg was shrink wrapped, but when I broke it open the chick was alive. It's the first time I saved a chick that hadn't internally pipped. Always before when an egg was shrink wrapped the chick was dead when the egg was broken open.

·
Administrator
18,604 Posts
I don't think I've ever assisted one that hadn't externally pipped but I have rescued lots that were shrink wrapped.

·
Serama King
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Shrink wrapped, yes, but not one that was shrink wrapped and had not internally pipped. Usually, those that can't internally pip quickly die.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts