Chicken Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BarkingChickensFarm
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All!

I'm just getting started on this forum and wanted to say Hi from Fredericksburg VA! I am raising several breeds; Appenzellar Spitenhauben, Laced Brahmas, Blue and Talbount Polish, Amerucanas, Pavlovskayas and Silkies.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Greetings chickenvy! Nice Chicky poos you've got as your profile pic!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Hello and welcome from Cat Spring, Texas! Wow some of those breeds I have never heard of but I am new to chicken keeping. I have a 12 member flock of 3 week old pullets including Americauna, Buff Orpington, Dominique, Ideal 236, Rhode Island Red and Silver Laced Wyandotte.

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
Welcome I'm from Indiana. Raising Buff Orpingtons, Old English Bantams, and D'anvers. I've not heard of most of the chickens you have but am fairly new to chickens. I'm definitely going to look them up.

·
BarkingChickensFarm
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
simonerol said:
where did you get the pavlovskaya?
. I got them from Greenfire farms. They only offered them for a short period of time and I was lucky to obtain some. I'll be working with them long-term, so if you are interested in some eggs or chicks let me know and I'll add you to my list.

·
977 Posts
Welcome. What type of chickens are in your profile pic? I have never seen those before . Do you have an updated pic of them?

·
BarkingChickensFarm
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kaufranc said:
Welcome. What type of chickens are in your profile pic? I have never seen those before . Do you have an updated pic of them?
hi, they are Pavlovskyas. Very rare, in fact so rare they were almost extinct until a Russian farmer bred the last known rooster to like Pavlovskya hens, so to reestablish the breed. I will be offering chicks and hatching eggs in Spring. I'll post more pics this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am wanting to keep the pavlovskaja longterm, I know they are very rare, I have tried contacting everybody that has them, even a couple of people in germany and russia. I have tufted and cleanfaced standard Araucana, also waiting on some collonca eggs to keep that breed going. I have populated my area with black and blue copper Marans, pic is Araucana and creamlegbar. Have Appenzeller, needing a rooster for them. Silkies, cream brabanter, Houdan, and Sultans. Also adding some golden campine. Please, contact me as soon as you have eggs. Thank you, wanted to make some Christmas chicks, but don't think it's going to happen...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts