Chicken Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my white leghorns has a bigger comb than my other birds. They are only a month old and they all run from my fingers when I wiggle them, except Big Comber who runs right up and pecks my fingers! Is she just more curious than the others or top of the pecking order? AAsaPleasansanswer

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm wondering if it is a rooster cause if it is I need to get rid of it(sadly no Roos where I live) Hope it's a girl otherwise my little sister will be sad (because its her chick)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sounds like it is a rooster, sadly. Roosters tend to be more brave and outgoing towards people and will do anything to protect their hens. Some roosters are loud and some as as quiet as a mouse. I would hate to have to see my roosters go!

·
Banned
825 Posts
MY "White Leghorn" Rooster is very quiet....as are my other 2 Roosters. The Buff Orpington Rooster is also quiet.
The BOSS Rooster, a Brown Leghorn, usually does a "Cock-a-doodle-do" in the Mornings....but he doesn't over-do it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the morning or just late in the day? My neighborhood is close packed and my neighbors are grouchy so ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts