Chickens in the news

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by BootedBantam, Sep 8, 2012.

1. rob

rob New Member

good idea that. i wouldnt mind them giving me some.

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Good article. To the point! I want some too. Sometimes those French.... Hey and that means we will get some Frenchies to chat with. Horray!

3. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

OMG - that reminds me of a story that a former co-worker told us a few years back. He was born in France (very near Belgium and close to the sea evidently). He later became a US citizen and worked with us for several years. He was SO funny because he could "turn on the French" at will and his accent would become SO thick.

Anyway - someone evidently "gave" his family a couple of chickens when he was a kid. They didn't live on a farm and I don't remember the details of where they kept the chickens most of the time, but his father decided that the chickens needed to get out and get some "exercise"......

So his father made some little harnesses, put them on the chickens and would regularly take them to the beach for their exercise.

I know it doesn't come across as funny as when he told us, but the image of chickens on a "lead", being walked like dogs on a beach just cracked us all up and we'd laugh until we cried every time he told the story. And believe me, we encouraged him to tell it to new people any time we had the chance just to hear him tell it again, since he KNEW we were going to break up into uncontrollable laughter.

:D

4. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I just saw an article posted at another site and the picture was a guy, standing on s NYCity street with two chickens on leashes! I am not joking. Just saw it today.

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Sorry, here it is....

Attached Files:

8. rob

rob New Member

thats crazy lol.

9. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

That's hilarious! I (almost) wish I was still working with the guy to show him this.....

Nawwww - I'll see if I can find him on fb and send it to him.

Thanks!

10. Fl_Silkie_mommie

Fl_Silkie_mommie Junior Member

I think having chicken leashes are a great idea. I would get some for mine.

11. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

I want to see local articles where the chickens win!! Articles on Backyard chicken movements.....love the chicken leash.