Chicken Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grumpy Farms Chicken & Duck eggs
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see we got a ton of rain here at GrumpyFarms. Our pond is way over full. The water almost made it to the barn. Our chicken are not happy get soaked and then the temp drops to 29 degrees. Our little steer don't seem to care and our ducks are loving it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Wow hang in there hope you get to dry out before more rain comes along!

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We live in East Tennessee. Forecast for today is high of 32 and low around 20. Wind 15 to 20

·
Yaya
284 Posts
it's below zero at night here(eastern panhandle WV), several inches of snow on the ground, freezing rain at the moment, chickens are suppose to hate wet, and yet... I stepped into the coop to hang the refilled water fount and all 7 of the dumb birds snuck out the door. I got 7 back on, but the smallest one is determined to hang under the deck. I tried to bribe her out with a warm waffle. She grabbed the bis I tossed to her but wouldn't come close enough or me to grab. There's a red hawk circling the yard. now what ?

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's 6 degrees here in east tn. Supposed to go to zero. Windy as heck. All our chickens and ducks are in the hen house. Our miniature Scottish highlander is in the barn and we are hoping and praying they all do good. It doesn't get this cold here. As far as your hen under deck. If our Australian Shepard was there he'd done had her in his mouth and brought to me. NOT HURT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts