Chicken Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's a good thing, isn't it? Just knowing you're still walking, not sure about talking, but functioning in some way is good.
Mebbe, Sometimes I wonder why I persist, I just finished the annual report, the IRS nonprofit filing, updated stuff for the Ohio Attorney General page and updated our Guidestar non profit pages. We have a platinum rating which is the highest for nonprofit transparency. It's because we demonstrate that one hundred percent of donations go directly to the animals and therapeutic riding programs. We donate all of the administrative costs and labor via volunteer work.

·
Super Moderator
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I now feel pretty bad for you with all of that bureaucratic piddly stuff you are mandated to deal with. I couldn't do it.
All for a shoe string nonprofit. Grant writing is the worst, being very time consuming. I wrote seven last year, we didn't get any, due to Covid need priorities.

·
The Artist
97 Posts
I love the idea of therapeutic riding programs. Monster admin headaches...they're lucky to have someone who is willing to take such responsibility.

·
Super Moderator
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I love the idea of therapeutic riding programs. Monster admin headaches...they're lucky to have someone who is willing to take such responsibility.
I'm a retired government Ph.D who used to do court competency, so I'm used to the bureaucratic nonsense. It's not that bad, I just complain about it. Nonprofits are not as easy to keep going as they might appear.

·
The Artist
97 Posts
I'm a retired government Ph.D who used to do court competency, so I'm used to the bureaucratic nonsense. It's not that bad, I just complain about it. Nonprofits are not as easy to keep going as they might appear.
They don't appear easy to me to keep going at all. Still glad they have you to do this kind of stuff. There are certain types of people who fill this responsibility--those that do it because it needs doing right, and those that do it because it makes them look good and they don't really care about the details. That latter person can send things off in the ditch pretty quick, to the detriment--and sometimes the end--of the program.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts