Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Oh Austin, give it to the chickens. They LOVE cooked oatmeal! When my old man makes himself some, he always has a paper plate full to bring out to the girls. Ya, they're spoiled. I made them a batch yesterday and tossed in a can of apricots with the juice for them. Not something I do every day but as a once in a while just because treat. I put it in one of their empty dishes though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cooked and in a plastic bowl. They love it ! The first time I gave it to them in the coop this winter they had oatmeal flying all over the place ..... They ate every last drop!

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
No food goes to waste in my house. All leftovers go straight to the girls. I think Macaroni and Cheese might be their favorite.

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
Found some stale bread in my cupboard & fed it to my girls in little pieces. They LOVED it! :)

·
Banned
825 Posts
I make a lot of sandwiches over a weeks time (for myself to eat).
Many of the sandwiches include onions and hot peppers (usually green hot peppers).
The outside of the onion slices (near the skin) AND the ends of the peppers get thrown to my chickens.
THEY LIKE IT. When something NEW to them is introduced....there seems to always be ONE who will try it.
The others are so covetous that a "chase" soon ensues. It's hilarious !

Ha-Ha !!!
-ReTIRED-

·
Registered
130 Posts
ReTIRED said:
I make a lot of sandwiches over a weeks time (for myself to eat).
Many of the sandwiches include onions and hot peppers (usually green hot peppers).
The outside of the onion slices (near the skin) AND the ends of the peppers get thrown to my chickens.
THEY LIKE IT. When something NEW to them is introduced....there seems to always be ONE who will try it.
The others are so covetous that a "chase" soon ensues. It's hilarious !

Ha-Ha !!!
-ReTIRED-
I noticed that too!!! ONLY Reba would try the new thing and the others would look at her and be all curious. And instead of going to try their own piece they always tried to take hers! It always made me laugh. We got to a point where we would only call Reba and give her the treat first on purpose so she could have it without competition! We lost her a few months ago. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts