Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some long due pictures of my beautiful paint Silkie roo!

Beak Grass Galliformes Livestock Grassland

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Grass

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore Leaf

Plant Gesture Grass People in nature Carnivore

I got a Motorola G Stylus for Christmas. It has an amazing camera! 48 MP.

I couldn't get very close to him, seeing how he is still a bit skittish, so I had to zoom in on some photos, so naturally the quality isn't as good as the others.

I hope to share some more chicken pics in the future.

If anyone has any name suggestions for this guy, please let me know!

·
Administrator
23,477 Posts
And who is that handsome dude living with?

I usually named mine according to their personality or physical characteristics. King was my very first Silkie roo. That's how he got his name. Ducky had duck feet. Chickeltt because I couldn't decide what sex she was. So on and so forth.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just Cleo right now. He has finally matured and fertilized some eggs, (I'm still surprised she's still laying). They never hatched, even though they were viable. I would like to order some more this Spring and pair him with a younger hen.

I love those! This guy is quite calm and docile (until you get too close to him). He's a bit shy, too. When he was younger, he reminded me of a penguin. LOL.

·
Administrator
23,477 Posts
Hmm, I can't come up with anything that would fall in line with a penguin but that's pretty much how I chose the names for my others.

I was thinking Pharaoh since you have Cleo. But that's too much of a name for him. I hate spot, so don't do that to him.

Do you think you can get eggs from the folks you got the trio from? They might be willing to turn some loose after what happened.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me either. Maybe something will come to me. I've been saying that for the past two months and nothing has.

I have thought of that one also. LOL. I won't do that to him. It's such a common name for pets.

I could definitely ask. It won't hurt!

·
Administrator
23,477 Posts
What other shorter names come to mind that might compliment Cleo's name? I'm having brain fade today and can't come up with anything.

It's always worth a try. Heck, they might have a bird or two instead of the eggs.

·
Administrator
23,477 Posts
LOL This is funny. Get stuff rattling around in our brains and have a solution.

If you think Julius suits him then start training him to that name. Hopefully, he's not too old to learn it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts