Chicken Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chicken keeps making weird noises like it's moaning. I've heard this may be to do with something being stuck in her throat or something. It's been like this for 3 days, she's a new chicken that we got, but does this constantly. Please help if you know what to do, video attached shows how it sounds.

Thanks for taking your time to read

·
Administrator
22,048 Posts
Believe it or not, some are chronic complainers. I've had one or two of them.

If she is eating, drinking and doing normal chicken things then she's one of those. When she gets quiet then pay attention, something might be up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Believe it or not, some are chronic complainers. I've had one or two of them.

If she is eating, drinking and doing normal chicken things then she's one of those. When she gets quiet then pay attention, something might be up.
So is it fine that they make this noise or is there something I could do to stop it. I don't really mind it but I don't wanna have her being miserable if you understand. Thanks btw for taking your time to answer the last message.

·
Administrator
22,048 Posts
Chickens possess individual personalities. Her personality appears to be one that has a lot to say whether anyone is listening or not.

If everything about her is normal it's just who she is. Embrace it.

·
Administrator
22,048 Posts
You can offer her treats of fresh veggies. Like iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, a little fruit.

Did she live with her coop mate and know the bird? Sometimes being moved can make them unhappy for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeh they were raised together, thanks so much for your answers, really saved me. I thought something was wrong with her! But now knowing she’s just got a lively personality makes me feel tonnes better. Tysm for your help, have a great day!

·
Administrator
22,048 Posts
They will toss things at you when you least expect it. She might end up being your best friend after a time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts