Chicken Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Golden Sex link hen, around 2 years old, has some weird bubbles between her toes. She is fine walking and running, and she doesn’t have any cuts on her feet that I can see. I also have another Golden, but she doesn’t have these bubbles. What is this?

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Plant Grass

Bird Chicken Comb Phasianidae Galliformes

Leg Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Grass

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see signs of scaly leg mites. Have you looked at the bottom of her feet? If they're dirty, clean them off. You're looking for any scabs or black spots. What you looking for is Bumblefoot.

BTW, why is the other foot so swollen?
Forgot to mention that. I am not sure but I think it’s apart of her feet condition. The swelling only happened recently so I think it’s slowly getting worse.
I checked the bottom of her feet and there aren’t any bumblefoot signs. If this does happen to be scaly leg mites how do I treat it?

· Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Nu-Stock for scaly leg mites. Wear disposable gloves when applying it and shake the tube well. Put a thin coat on roosts as well. I'm not sure what the bumps are between the toes, possibly bumblefoot but I'm not sure. There are several possibilities with the swollen foot: a type of arthritis, gout, or Mycoplasma Synoviae (MS). Hopefully it's not MS.
Liquid Drink Fluid Font Electric blue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts