Chicken Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Laws regarding roosters seem to apply in many places . . . even in the great outdoors, I guess. Maybe it's because of backyard breeders that, historically, create so many problems for everybody. Don't know and that won't bother me.

Now with the trees . . .I agree with you completely! I had wanted a FORESTED property but what I wanted ended up with a domino effect of other problems. In many places you cannot remove trees or can't get approval for certain varieties. So, to solve that momentous problem, I'll be buying large pines and some color (maples at least) and a bunch of seedlings too. Gotta have SHADE and COLOR and all the rest of what I want. And I know this is gonna take more time than I would like, but it'll keep me in one spot a long time and busy, busy, busy.

Add to that: after paying for the movers for what amounts to a spanking new tiny home, I think I will donate everything I own to a charity or sell furnishings with the house if I ever move again! GOD ALMIGHTY it was expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER AGAIN! They have you film all your belongings and call back with a quote and you get the dates set up, etc. and feel super great only to have the price tripled, the request for tips for the workers (they were stars, I will say that), man it was incredible! Okay, I'll shut up on that before my computer fumes over.

·
Administrator
24,682 Posts
How very strange. I've never heard of there being any restrictions on roosters out in the wilds. If you have next door neighbors, yes. Something just isn't right with that.

Movers are not for the faint of heart when it comes to the expense. Especially reputable ones. Almost all of my moves were done by me or us, after meeting the hubs. The others were done by his company.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah. I think we hear rules of the city but not the county on the roosters.
And when my hub's company moved us they pack us, moved, stored, and unpacked us and even set up our TV! Ahhh, those were the days. Not this time

·
Registered
57 Posts
Those links hit my funny bone for sure!
You don't have to have an acct with anything to view them; I don't even have Facebook!
And really, I'm usually too busy for the time it takes to connect with the world, if you know what I mean. Okay, this site is my one extravagance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ooooh, I LOVE Borded Panda! We're just animal lovers here! And You Tube has a ton of captivating animal shows. I'm currently binge watching "Wild at Heart" which is about a family that relocates to Africa. He's a vet. It's so incredible to see how big those giraffes and elephants really are. And wildebeests! That move would really be a M O V E but I'd do it! I should have gone to vet school or cooking school but both were just so far out of my budget that it was totally unthinkable! At least with cooking you can do it at your own pace and in any way you want to do it at home. I've been collecting quantity EGG recipes no end!

·
Registered
Rest in peace Sunfish
2,175 Posts
Our Rhode Island Red chicks are about 2 ½ weeks old and the coop is almost done. The area is rocky, but there is an area with some shallow soil which is pretty alkaline. I want to set up a chicken garden so they can free range during the day. Any suggestions on plants I should be planting for the chickens?
Tomatoes plants look at them it’s like their own food generator
Bird Plant Phasianidae Chicken Beak

21 - 40 of 64 Posts