Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 baby chicks all 15 days old. The past few days my one chick who's feathers are growing a lot faster and shes growing more than the others has been keeping to herself. She's a lot more skittish than the others, won't take treats from me, and stays in the opposite side of their house. They only time she's near them is when they are all sleeping. Should I be worried? I'm new to chickens and this seems odd to me but maybe I'm worried over nothing?

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
It does sound odd. They may be mean to her, picking on her. She may need to be a special project, a rotten girl. One with a little TLC. Make sure she isn't being pecked on and treated badly by them.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Yeah. They're either bullying her, or she's not feeling well. Those are the only reasons for her to be separate. Find out which it is and solve the problem oh powerful human that you are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not positive, she came out of the pullet bin but I guess she could have snuck in the wrong tub? I will try to add a pic of her/him, in the group pic she's the biggest one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
May be just a little older and so at a different stage of development. I have 3 older and one younger. It was tough on the little one until she caught up. Now she's just one of the girls. Still smaller but just as busy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts