Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow- I had no idea there was a forum like this devoted to poultry of all kinds! Here in the Northwest of Washington State, USA, chickens are incredibly popular. They are allowed in all the major cities and urban chickens are the uber-cool thing to have.
I raise a lot of different kinds but my favorites are White Langshans. Large, majestic and gentle, this critically endangered breed is worth preserving. I am blessed to live on a lovely rambling estate where the chickens have a terrific life. i introduce poultry to kids and families and run the poultry barn at our local yearly Fair. I have a poultry club for kids that is bursting at the seams and we all, including the parents and friends have a huge amount of fun with our birds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Carolyn.... funny name! :D And gee whiz we're practically neighbors, except I'm on the peninsula. There are actually quite a few of us in the state that share on line. Sometimes we meet up at the chicken shows and even manage to get a pot luck thrown in for good measure. Glad you've discovered a new way to connect!

Oh... which fair do you work at? I volunteer at the Kitsap County Fair.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello!! Im from Virginia, the other side of the US!!! Chickens here in my neck if the woods are getting popular. Love this forum!! So glad to find it :)

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi Carolyn! Welcome aboard! This really is a great forum isn't it. Lots of very helpful and supportive members here. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts