Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sun conure learned his first words. He says "kiss" and then gives you a kiss lol it's too funny and cute! Here's a recent pic of him fluffing up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks y'all. This morning was so cute. He wanted out of his cage and he kept saying kiss, kiss, kiss. Just so I would bring him out of the cage. They are so smart!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
robopetz said:
Thanks y'all. This morning was so cute. He wanted out of his cage and he kept saying kiss, kiss, kiss. Just so I would bring him out of the cage. They are so smart!
That is awesome! I bet it was exciting to hear!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh fun! You definitely pay the price for the beauty of the island. So expensive here but at the same time the pay is slightly higher too. I was born and raised here but I don't know yet if I want to stay here.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
robopetz said:
Oh fun! You definitely pay the price for the beauty of the island. So expensive here but at the same time the pay is slightly higher too. I was born and raised here but I don't know yet if I want to stay here.
And such a long flight, compared to going to the Caribbean, from Texas at least.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Charlie learned a new word today. I refer his favorite treat to "yum yum" so I'm always telling him "you want yum yum?" Recently it kind of sounded like he's trying to say "yum yum" but today he confirmed it. I said "you want yum yum?" He replied with "yum yum". Oh so cute. Such a smart bird. I really thought he would learn his name first as I said that the most to him.

For his first word "kiss". He now learned more to that. After he says "kiss" then as he gives you a kiss he does the smooch sound. He's so funny! I wonder what else he's gonna pick up?

Here's a before (3 weeks) and after pic (about 3 mos).

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
I was thinking it sounded like having a child. They have a pretty long life span don't they? No hopes of them moving out and going to college, haha :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right! Have them go and learn to make money for me. Haha! Sun conures can live up to 25. Now the bigger birds like macaws live up to 80.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts