Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I post a photo of candling chicken eggs that I incubated last time.
In this egg there was a chicks which is born now :)

I use a torch to see if the egg,which is in the incubator, is fertile. Fortunately my rooster and my chickens work well :D

This is moving for me :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
What an awesome picture Italy-Dan! I've never seen a picture of candling before. Amazing how a little life is born from an egg like that when you stop to think about it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much to all :) :) I'm happy of your answers :)
Energyvet I am honored by what you wrote ;) But I have better pictures, also about their quality.So if you want,I can send you another one

So,do you do candling too? :)
In that way you can eliminate unfertile eggs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes CrazyBirdLady you can do it.I candle(that's how you say in English?) eggs from the fifth day of incubation.In that period you can see veins as a spider :)
Instead if the egg is unfertile it's clear,without any "spider".Also you could find a blood ring and it's an abortion.You can throw the egg.
I'll post other photos in order to explain better

·
104 Posts
Ok then, I will candle them tonite....so excited. I thought I heard somewhere, put them in the bator and leave them alone until day 19...can't wait to see....

·
104 Posts
My 25 Silkie eggs have been in the incubator 13 days, I candled them just now and 20 are good! Wow, I'm surprised and excited! I hope they all hatch :)

·
104 Posts
Very exciting...I talk to them, my husband worries about me, lol. I'm hoping for the best, temp is perfect, I've only opened the bator once to candle them and they're coming off the turner Saturday so we're getting close!

·
104 Posts
Tomorrow my 20 Silkie eggs come off the turner...I just candled 1 and it's alive and moving....the next 4 days will be the most stressfull days! They're good today...they should hatch....right?!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts