Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time not going into the other room and candling the eggs I have in the incubator and they have only been in there since Saturday

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
lol I have the same problem when I hatch. You could make a project out of it and take a pic everyday and make a chart of how things look from day 1 to day 18 ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was the same way...hatch one was 20% opening a lot to candle ...hatch two was 77% opening every 3 days to candle and hatch 3 was 98%! Hatch 3 I put the eggs in the bator and didn't touch them but on day 7 to candle and day 18 to candle and lay down! I am not saying that it makes a big difference but I, PERSONALLY, will stick with the last method from here on out! It was hard, but I just made myself put it outta my head!
Either way it is so neat to have eggs and knowing that you helped them hatch! I wish you tons of luck on your hatch!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have done good. I did candle 4 eggs on separate nights already but I am really waiting on Saturday to do them really for the first time. It is so hard not to check in on them

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I candled tonight on day 7 and it looks like 15/25 have awesome little spiderwebs of veins going everywhere. My only disappointment is that a beautiful turquoise blue Americana eggs looks to be infertile.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am hoping that some more are really developing and I just couldn't see it. I will restrain myself from looking again until next saterday .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts