Chicken Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just trying to figure out what type of rooster this is. I bought him about a month ago, I know that he is still pretty young as he hasn't developed his spurs yet. He is very alert when it comes to his surroundings, he is good with all my hens, he is very calm and will even come eat out of my hand if I am patient enough. I have been doing research but I'm am stumped. If someone could please help it would be much appreciated. Also I bought him bc he was a very beautiful bird.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been reading about chickens all night, and I'm kind of leaning towards a Jersey Giant, possible cross. His comb and wattle seem to have gotten alot bigger since I got him a month ago, but I'm new to chickens so who knows lol. He's pretty tall to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the help and knowledge. I also have 2 chick's that my son bought and I'm not sure the sex on them, I'm pretty sure one of them is a brahma but unsure of the other one. Will post pictures in a minute.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The first post is very likely just a mix, especially if they didn't say anything about the breed.

On the next two, I see a Buff Brahma and a Buff Orpington. I'd give them both more time to sex them. It also looks like something is wrong with the Orpington's eye that you may need to address if it hasn't already gotten worse since these pictures were taken...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first post is very likely just a mix, especially if they didn't say anything about the breed.

On the next two, I see a Buff Brahma and a Buff Orpington. I'd give them both more time to sex them. It also looks like something is wrong with the Orpington's eye that you may need to address if it hasn't already gotten worse since these pictures were taken...
I did notice how the eye looked in the picture as well, so I made sure to take a closer look at it. It did end up being a lil red and Slightly swollen. It is much better now. Thank you for noticing and saying something, and I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts