Chicken Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a work in progress. I will update as we finish it.

Building Wood Gas Hardwood Plastic

Property Building Wood House Hardwood

Wood Floor Hardwood Wood stain Gas

Wood Composite material Gas Machine Plywood

Furniture Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Floor

Wood Table Hardwood Gas Wood stain

Table Wood Floor Flooring Wood stain

Wood Floor Flooring Plant Hardwood

Wood Building Beam Automotive tire Composite material

Attachments

·
Banned
825 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ReTIRED said:
APPARENTLY....This Coop is situated INSIDE another structure ( Barn ? ).
Will it remain there ( looks like it will ) ?

LOOKS FINE ! :D :)
-ReTIRED-
Yes, we build it inside of one of our outbuildings and will create a door for them to go out into a yard area. It is a permanent structure

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SpoilMyPooch said:
Interesting idea...how is the air flow within the larger structure? It circulates enough?
Good question. There are some windows, but currently, they are sealed shut. I plan to create two new windows with screens above the opening for the chickens. Airflow is an issue I am trying to work out currently

·
67 Posts
Looks great I wish I had a out building that I could incorporate my coop into. I have to figure out a place to store feed, scratch, bedding ahh to have a garage is a dream of mine. Just curious of why you decided to elevate it off the floor?

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Good question. There are some windows, but currently, they are sealed shut. I plan to create two new windows with screens above the opening for the chickens. Airflow is an issue I am trying to work out currently
We used a roof vent with ours and it has worked out rather well.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dandmtritt said:
Looks great I wish I had a out building that I could incorporate my coop into. I have to figure out a place to store feed, scratch, bedding ahh to have a garage is a dream of mine. Just curious of why you decided to elevate it off the floor?
My parents own the house and property. I rent it from them. My dad had only one requirement: elevate the coop. Not totally sure why, but it works for him, so it works for me! ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts