·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fawn Rodent Snout Chair Ducks, geese and swans
Finger Fawn Wood Feather Nail
Recipe Wood Ingredient Food Dish
Felidae Fawn Whiskers Small to medium-sized cats Snout
Hello! We just got some chicks last week from our local feed store, but for some obscure reason they mixed the Buff Orpingtons with Freedom Rangers. We picked out a dozen of the lightest colored chicks, hoping they were Buffs, but now that they're around 2 weeks old we aren't so sure! I grew up with chickens, but we never had Buff Orpingtons, so I'm not sure what they should look like at this age... some of them just seem to have darker wing feathers than we expected. Or is that normal for some Buffs? We possibly have some of each, I guess? Any thoughts appreciated!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else, the first one is definitely something other than a buff, can't tell you what though, I've never seen a ranger. The last one is very possibly a buff, I have several and that is what they looked like at that age.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
yeah I'd have to say the ones with the dark markings on the wings are freedom rangers, the others are probably buffs. :)

Reactions: Mama Hen
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.