Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently became mama to 2 chicks and have no clue what sex they are. Unfortunatly I can only keep them if they are hens. I am hoping you wonderful people can help sex them so I can find out if I can get attached to them.

A little about them: They are about 3 weeks old (give or take a few days) and have recently become very skittish when I reach into their pen. They also HATE being seperated and if I pick one up they will fuss and cry for the other. As soon as they are back together they settle right down.

I hope the pictures I'm posting aren't too large.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had chicks before so I am not sure what to think. I am just hoping they are baby girls because I am not allowed to keep roos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
they aren't buff brahmas, they are light brahmas, with that pea comb it will takle longer to find out, i have a bunch of straight run buff brahmas now that are about 3 weeks old, i still can't tell for sure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YAY! Construction of their hen house will be taking place this weekend. I'm so glad that Hen Solo and Millennium Falc-hen (Millie) are permanent members of the family.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts