Chicken Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a monumentally screwed up order from My Pet Chicken (25% sexing errors) and have been sorting out exactly what I've gotten from them. They are calling this bird a Cream Legbar. Anyone else agree? Any other suggestions? ***Update: Searching for "CL no crest" I found some birds that DO look like this.
Thanks in advance.
Bird Beak Chicken Feather Galliformes
Bird Beak Grey Plant Terrestrial animal

Other birds we agreed are CLs:
Bird Plant Beak Feather Grass

Bird Watch Sky Plant Beak

Oh... While I'm at it... They are calling this a Partridge Olive Egger rooster. Thoughts?
Bird Eye Plant Phasianidae Beak

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought my pet chicken was better than this. We need @fuzzies, @ChickenBiscuts and @imnukensc to weigh in on this. I don't know that any of what they said is right. Although I would gladly take that first one. I love the color and patterning.
Robin - I had hoped so. I have friends who, in years past, had good experiences with them. In my case however, this is the second time I've been burned. Back in 2017 I ordered 6 week old Marans pullets and they arrived with MG. When I contacted them, they were very responsive - paid for all of the expenses incurred, etc. but, of course, I was now short the two pullets I was planning on. Fortunately, we are careful about quarantining. This year, I decided to start with day olds for this new flock (figuring I'd get them clean, no problems other than what I can blame on myself) and ordered 16 - 1 Marans roo, 15 various pullets - at the end of Feb. One was dead when they arrived. IMO - it was a CL. They claim it was an EE. Which is why they are saying that the first bird pictured here is the third CL. I don't see it. She IS beautiful and has a lovely personality whatever she is. She is a she - right? :)

So now, rather than 15 new pullets, I have either 10 or 11 and a bunch of roos I need to get rid of. And, as much as a PITA that all of this is, I feel even worse having to get rid of them. They come when I call them and are very socialized. I hate the idea of sending them off to some unknown fate. Sigh... My "consolation prize" for all of this was a $10 credit towards another order. Yeah... Sure...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the silver EE roo is going. It's pretty obnoxious. The other three (two Marans and I dunno what the the third is) are calm right now, though the third mystery roo just started to try crowing today. He is turning into a very pretty bird. My first flock has had a BCM rooster for six years and he is a peach. He looks after the girls is never nasty towards anyone. That's why I chose another for this new flock. The same person contacted me again this evening saying she thinks she may be wrong on that first crestless bird. I am officially confused!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies for not seeing this sooner! Based on the pictures on their site, I'd say the first one is a Partridge Olive-Egger pullet. The last one could also be a Partridge Olive-Egger since that's essentially a mixed breed, but I don't think that's a rooster. The other two do look like Legbars. Sorry you had so much trouble with them! I either hear really good things about MPC, or awful things, and not much in between. :confused:
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts