Chicken Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a monumentally screwed up order from My Pet Chicken (25% sexing errors) and have been sorting out exactly what I've gotten from them. They are calling this bird a Cream Legbar. Anyone else agree? Any other suggestions? ***Update: Searching for "CL no crest" I found some birds that DO look like this.
Thanks in advance.
Bird Beak Chicken Feather Galliformes
Bird Beak Grey Plant Terrestrial animal

Other birds we agreed are CLs:
Bird Plant Beak Feather Grass

Bird Watch Sky Plant Beak

Oh... While I'm at it... They are calling this a Partridge Olive Egger rooster. Thoughts?
Bird Eye Plant Phasianidae Beak

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought my pet chicken was better than this. We need @fuzzies, @ChickenBiscuts and @imnukensc to weigh in on this. I don't know that any of what they said is right. Although I would gladly take that first one. I love the color and patterning.
Robin - I had hoped so. I have friends who, in years past, had good experiences with them. In my case however, this is the second time I've been burned. Back in 2017 I ordered 6 week old Marans pullets and they arrived with MG. When I contacted them, they were very responsive - paid for all of the expenses incurred, etc. but, of course, I was now short the two pullets I was planning on. Fortunately, we are careful about quarantining. This year, I decided to start with day olds for this new flock (figuring I'd get them clean, no problems other than what I can blame on myself) and ordered 16 - 1 Marans roo, 15 various pullets - at the end of Feb. One was dead when they arrived. IMO - it was a CL. They claim it was an EE. Which is why they are saying that the first bird pictured here is the third CL. I don't see it. She IS beautiful and has a lovely personality whatever she is. She is a she - right? :)

So now, rather than 15 new pullets, I have either 10 or 11 and a bunch of roos I need to get rid of. And, as much as a PITA that all of this is, I feel even worse having to get rid of them. They come when I call them and are very socialized. I hate the idea of sending them off to some unknown fate. Sigh... My "consolation prize" for all of this was a $10 credit towards another order. Yeah... Sure...

·
Administrator
23,803 Posts
One of those three need to show up. I'm not the best with hard feathered birds and tend to be wrong more often than not.

I don't see feathering of a male on that first bird but it might be too young yet to display the feathering.

It is possible to raise them all together and have things work out OK. One of the boys will declare himself king over everyone and the others, if they know what's best for them, will be OK with that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the silver EE roo is going. It's pretty obnoxious. The other three (two Marans and I dunno what the the third is) are calm right now, though the third mystery roo just started to try crowing today. He is turning into a very pretty bird. My first flock has had a BCM rooster for six years and he is a peach. He looks after the girls is never nasty towards anyone. That's why I chose another for this new flock. The same person contacted me again this evening saying she thinks she may be wrong on that first crestless bird. I am officially confused!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Apologies for not seeing this sooner! Based on the pictures on their site, I'd say the first one is a Partridge Olive-Egger pullet. The last one could also be a Partridge Olive-Egger since that's essentially a mixed breed, but I don't think that's a rooster. The other two do look like Legbars. Sorry you had so much trouble with them! I either hear really good things about MPC, or awful things, and not much in between. :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies for not seeing this sooner! Based on the pictures on their site, I'd say the first one is a Partridge Olive-Egger pullet. The last one could also be a Partridge Olive-Egger since that's essentially a mixed breed, but I don't think that's a rooster. The other two do look like Legbars. Sorry you had so much trouble with them! I either hear really good things about MPC, or awful things, and not much in between. :confused:
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts