Chicken Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 is definitely not a barred rock. I thought 2 might be but 1 has a pea-ish comb. I thought 3 might be some type of Orpington but I don’t know. I’m probably wrong about 3

·
Registered
325 Posts
Chick 1 has a rose comb, so it's a Dominique.
Chick 2, barring, single comb, and yellow skin = Barred Rock.
Chick 3, is that one clean-legged? It's hard to tell from that picture. My first thought is a Delaware with extra color in the chick feathering. If that's the case, those colors will molt out as it grows and it'll be a primarily white chicken with barring in the hackles and tail. But, if it's feather-legged, that will change my answer.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! Thanks so much. Chick 3 is clean legged.

I just wanted to know if it would be mainly white when an adult and it seems it will. The daughter of someone who’s taking a couple chicks wants one to be named snowman, that’s why.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m keeping about 18, my grandpa is getting 15 or more, and the rest are going on sale. They will go quickly. People are crazy about chickens right now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chick 1 has a rose comb, so it's a Dominique.
Chick 2, barring, single comb, and yellow skin = Barred Rock.
Chick 3, is that one clean-legged? It's hard to tell from that picture. My first thought is a Delaware with extra color in the chick feathering. If that's the case, those colors will molt out as it grows and it'll be a primarily white chicken with barring in the hackles and tail. But, if it's feather-legged, that will change my answer.
There are some that look like chick 3 but have feathered feet, what are those?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Do you have any pictures of them? How many toes to they have? My first suspicion is Faverolles, as hatcheries have been known to put out some weirdly colored Faverolles, but there could be other posibilities depending on what I see in pictures.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What type of combs do they have? Four toes plus feathered feet and mostly white with some gray, assuming they're still the group that came from Cackle, the only options left that I'm seeing are Light Brahmas (who would have a pea comb) and Splash Cochins (who would have a single comb).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts