Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was the shell from the quail egg. They are button quail so it's not the same color as what a normal quail egg looks like.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are better for you too. More protein, more nutrients to name a few and no bad cholesterol only good kind.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OliviaE said:
Thanks...I looked at the pic and was like "is that a robin egg :0"
Weird how its blue'ish on the inside ya. Lol

kaufranc said:
Robo, how long did you boil it for ? Shorter time then a chicken egg? Bite size eggs!
Was only like 5 mins. Can you imagine trying to make deviled eggs with these. Haha

·
Registered
363 Posts
robopetz said:
Weird how its blue'ish on the inside ya. Lol

Was only like 5 mins. Can you imagine trying to make deviled eggs with these. Haha
I made us 10 duck eggs today... Pretty good!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cescacharl said:
Would like some quail chicks...do they get on with normal size hens or do you have to keep them seperate?
I have my button quails with my 2 silkies. They get along great. There's allot of people that will tell you different with many many reasons. But I'm just telling you my experience.

Apyl said:
I cant wait to get a bunch of quail eggs from the ones I'm incubating. I want to pickly them :)
They grow so fast and will have eggs before you know it. Then you'll have way too many eggs. Lol what day are you on now?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been getting one a day since they started laying. My silver one lays one almost the same time each day. Lol I could be like oh it 5pm time to get my egg. Sometimes I catch her laying it too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts