Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,466 Posts
I'm in NJ, but where are you?
maybe you would be interested in some of the stock that was used to breed the austrolorp, the english orpington.

these little fluff balls

turn into these

now these two black english orpingtons are still not full grown
they are only about 8 months old & will not be full sized till they are about a year &1/2 old.

piglett

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, but they are pretty expensive. My little brother saved up his money and bought a $30 hen, case in point.
People pay 2X that for my Buckeyes....$30 for a top quality BA is certainly reasonable!!!:)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still have 2 pure black Australorps cockerals & 1 pullet for sale...17wks
Where do u live?
I'm in Ohio....pm pics of the birds and details on their origin if you are willing to ship them, thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
When I was a kid, I had a pet Roo. He looked like pic 2. I guess he was an Australorp. Now I know. His name was John.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Keep trying to get some good pics of my now 8 week old Black Australorps.....they came from hatching eggs I purchased from two breeders (one in Georgia and the other in North Carolina)....but man are these the most camera shy young birds I have ever seen?!?!? Have them in a brooder coop with Dom's, Buckeyes, Dark Cornish and Dark Brahma's and the BA's stay way in the back and seldom come out into the light to get a good pic?!?!? Soon as this rain stops I'm moving them outdoors so pics should be much easier!!! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts