Biring

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by robin416, Dec 14, 2020.

1. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

I was beginning to get a bit concerned you didn't like us anymore. With what all is circulating right now there's no telling. A doc friend of mine in NJ just went through the same intestinal thing. Covid was a concern because one of the office personnel had just been DXed with Covid. Glad to know everyone is on the mend.

Overmountain1 likes this.
  2. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Robin! I started to hop on a couple of times but I was feeling so dismal I decided to keep it to myself. Everyone else has enough going on!
    Have we heard from Dan lately? I need to text Kimmi....

3. robin416

Yes, he's on here everyday. So, I guess he still likes us.

When I have an off day I let PJ know that I might be a bit absent.

Overmountain1 likes this.
  4. danathome

danathome Well-Known Member

Yes, he likes everyone here. Just learned that a friend's Grandmother died of Covid. Getting so I'm afraid to leave my yard or answer the door. This area is getting hit hard. And still people won't wear masks. A door-to-door showed up here yesterday-no mask-going door to door. And stupid me went and talked to him. Time to make a sign for the door. People endangering others by not having a mask; self-centered...

Poultry Judge likes this.
  5. robin416

It's pretty much the same here. I get angry when I see the county pols taking pics, standing next to each other without masks. That's a great example to set.

Our med center is substantial in size. Monday when I was there I noticed the third floor looked funny from outside. Then I realized the windows were now part of a negative pressure setup. It appears they've taken the whole medical floor and turned into a Covid ward.

6. Biring

Biring Well-Known Member

I’d buy a knife from him if I thought it would get through Customs (it won’t). I prefer carbon steel. It rusts easily but keeps its edge, but I could be talked into any decent steel. As far as scales are concerned I like cow bone (or giraffe bone, if you have it!) but t this particular design has a handle made of a cone of steel, which is why I added the rubber strip. It’s also useful for starting fires, so it makes the knife doubly useful.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 8:40 AM
    Poultry Judge and Overmountain1 like this.
  7. Poultry Judge

Poultry Judge Moderator Staff Member

Agreed.

8. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Well-Known Member

Things are crazy indeed.

Can we come live down/over there with you Biring? You think the chickens would share the palace?

Hope things are going smoothly as everyone adjust to the new family member [mention]Biring [/mention]! And I hope mom is healed nicely and starting to feel more back to herself. I went thru it twice, I can sympathize with her.
    Yes, nothing beats a good carbon steel blade, except maybe a stainless clad carbon. That’s about it! But that’s a whole other level anyway, you know! Utility has always been our first and most important quality in anything we build. Utility then durability, versatility when potential exists, and then comes the look of a thing. For us. It usually turns out best that route. Thanks for checking us out! If there IS anything we can help you with- and you’ll know your customs department best- just give us a shout.

robin416 likes this.
  9. Poultry Judge

Poultry Judge Moderator Staff Member

That is interesting!