Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
227 Posts
I built a 4' x 4' x 2' tall plywood brooder that I had divided in half at first. Now at 3 weeks old I took the divider out. I am so glad I didn't build it smaller. We ended up with 19 chicks. My fault, I went back 3 times and got a few more each time. Its hard to stop getting more cute fluffy babies.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
KeyMan said:
I built a 4' x 4' x 2' tall plywood brooder that I had divided in half at first. Now at 3 weeks old I took the divider out. I am so glad I didn't build it smaller. We ended up with 19 chicks. My fault, I went back 3 times and got a few more each time. Its hard to stop getting more cute fluffy babies.
robopetz said:
It's a mansion brooder lol.
Oh yeah! .........

·
Oldhen2345
77 Posts
Chicken math and brooders

:)
Love that chicken math. I am envious of your brooder. I just have a few chicks- 12 in two brooders due to different breeders. There are 8 in my Mama cave brooder. It is a clothing box from a moving company. Works great. I just have to put something over the top - hardwire cloth - to keep them in after they turn 3 weeks old. For heat, I use a heating pad over a hardwire frame and covered with a pillowcase, bungied on and covered with a towel for cleanliness (those chicks can poop). the chicks can go under or on top to get warm. I leave the back and front open enough so they don't get stuck or mashed. I like that better than the light, but have used both.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts