Chicken Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I thought Myers had a good selection too. Carter's legacy is another. I heard some bad stuff about Mypetchicken. Google hatchery.

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Meyers, Murray McMurray, ideal, Carter's Legacy... There are several more, pick up a chickens magazine at the store and look through the ads, request a free catalog. They all offer a free catalog and you can shop that way.

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
After months of chicken research, it depends on what kind of chickens you want, how many you want to order, and availability. Some online chicken hatcheries have a minimum of 25; where some have a minimum of 3. Some hatcheries have catalogs like Cogburn said, I am currently waiting for some in the mail. Look around at different online sources and find out their breeds and minimum order. Best time to order is spring..

Best resources for chickens:
classified ads
craigs list
county fairs
clubs
newsletters
catalogs
poultry mail order
local hatcheries
feed stores
bulletin boards
also look here..http://www.chickenforum.com/f11/where-do-you-get-your-chickens-816/

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
:) I am an information junkie and love learning new things. I grew up with my Grandmother taking me to the Huge old libraries in Boston. Going to the library is fun for me, so much knowlege. The library where I live now is so tiny. They have to order books for me. My hold list is huge. I love to read. And I am good at research. ;) I don't know about amazing, but I do sparkle sometimes!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I purchased mine chicks from Cackle Hatchery. They came highly recommended by my local farmer feed and seed. I order 25 chicks earlier this year and only lost one, all the rest were healthy and happy till "the day" as we call it. But I have my special darlings also from Cackle Hatchery. I have three New Hampshire Red hens and one White Jersey Giant cockerel . And for being such an enormous rooster he is very sweet and loving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts