Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
blblanchard said:
We picked up some new chicks today! Among them were some silkies. They are one day old. Can you tell me if they are bearded or non-bearded?
There adorable! Where did you get them from??

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reinerchick said:
There adorable! Where did you get them from??
From a breeder a couple hours from where I live. We also got a lemon cuckoo orpington and a blue copper and splash copper marans.

·
Registered
250 Posts
blblanchard said:
From a breeder a couple hours from where I live. We also got a lemon cuckoo orpington and a blue copper and splash copper marans.
Did you happen to see the parents? And the people didn't tell you if they were bearded or not??

·
Registered
250 Posts
blblanchard said:
I didn't see the parents and I didn't ask. I'm happy either way, so it didn't really matter. I'm just curious.
Ya, there adorable either way! And I don't think you will be able to tell until they really start feathering. :)

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
You did notice that it had a small chip out of the beak, and a crack in the beak, too, didn't you? Not too much to worry about, the crack runs across the front of the beak, but keep an eye out. But what a cutie!!!:D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fuzziebutt said:
You did notice that it had a small chip out of the beak, and a crack in the beak, too, didn't you? Not too much to worry about, the crack runs across the front of the beak, but keep an eye out. But what a cutie!!!:D
Yes, I noticed. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts