Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was slicing bananas up for the dehydrator & wondered if the banana peels (slivers, since I sliced them up) would be of any nutritional value for the chickens? Does anyone know?

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about putting them in my compost bin, but I thought I'd try to find out if they had any nutritional value for the chickens, or if they even liked them, then I'd give them these slivers, since they're not whole. ;)

·
Banned
825 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well...wife just started saving kitchen scraps including banana peels...I throw them in the run and the Ladies have no interest but they are gone by the next day.

Run walls and roof are covered with 1/2" wire mesh with a 18" apron fanning around the bottom of the walls. If it ain't the chickens eating the banana peels it's something very small and thrifty.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
TheLazyL said:
Well...wife just started saving kitchen scraps including banana peels...I throw them in the run and the Ladies have no interest but they are gone by the next day.

Run walls and roof are covered with 1/2" wire mesh with a 18" apron fanning around the bottom of the walls. If it ain't the chickens eating the banana peels it's something very small and thrifty.
Mouse, rats...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts