Bald Patches on Head/Neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies, Illness, Meds & Cures' started by Jody1991, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Jody1991

Jody1991 New Member

Hiya, we have a pair of chickens that we keep in the garden and one of them is getting bald patches on each side of her head. This has been quite progressive, but it is getting quite a concern now. We always check and treat them for mites and it doesn't appear to be that. They are out of their coop and given full access to the garden for atleast 9 hours each day, unless there is no one home, so I don't think they are getting bored or stressed?
    If anyone could help or has any idea what could be going on, i'd appreciate any feedback.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!
    Jodie

2. MommyWoes

MommyWoes New Member

Are there roosters?

3. Jody1991

Jody1991 New Member

No there is just the 2 females together. :)

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I think it's the other chicken. It's called a pecking order.

5. rob

rob New Member

shes definately getting hen pecked there !

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

7. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

I have one that looks like she has had her neck rung... no ones pecking her.. i found her today rubbing her neck on the fence post... i informed her she is not a cow... she squawked at me and walked away... i think she called me a bad word....

8. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Chicken curses are the worst. Well wait, cat swearing is actually worse than that, but chicken curses are still pretty bad.

9. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

OHH yes cat swearing is bad... this chicken is ALWAYS there, no matter where i am.. shes there... stalking me... ima put a stew pot curse on her neck! LOL

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I think she loves you whether you like it or not. Lol