Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ike and Clover had 3 babies. They are now 12 days old. I will be hand taming the babies and keeping them. Once they are out of the nest I'm removing the nest so they don't lay any more eggs.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had them when I was a child

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
Aw, I love them! I had Stanley for a few years. He was an orange or red canary with a crest. We had a relationship, he would land on my hand and peck me when I put my hand in the cage. To me that was better than no relationship. I loved him and tried to do everything right, even fresh lettuce every day. Then he died.

I'll never know why. My hubby cooked with a frying pan every morning that was non-stick but not Teflon and maybe that did him in anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Their parents are feeding them yes.i am also giving the parents scrambled eggs and spinach, broccoli and green beans all cooked and mashed up , I have formula on hand ready if they dont. All I have to do right now is clean the nest box every 2 days to remove the poop. The parents are doing the rest

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
How awesome!!!You have baby parakeets and that is so cool!!!BTW,they will lay eggs whether they have a nest or not.I had a female parakeet that laid eggs in a cabinet that the door didn't close tight.I found 8 little eggs in there.I had a friend who raised them and she gave her birds hard boiled eggs,I don't know if that's better than scrambled eggs but you wouldn't have to cook eggs everyday.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gave them hardboiled too but warmed them up as they feed them to the babies. Yeah I gotta remove all things that they could nest out of the cage.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like 2 yellows and a blue possibly

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bedding is small animal bedding, momma isn't throwing it out of the nest box so she must like it.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
They are starting to look like little parakeets.What kind of noises do they make?

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They first looked like naked mice babies when they were born. They make a baby screeching noise when they are hungry or scared, but stay quiet otherwise. . They are starting to get some strength in the feet to hold onto my hand

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are sooo cuddly

1 - 20 of 44 Posts