1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
One critter I miss... My geese.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a gosling that I hatched on may 15th this year. It was one abandoned egg. I have four adults out back and she is terrified of them. She is living in a playpen in my house because I don't know what to do with her and she won't let me out of her sight.
I take her out everyday for sunshine and grass, but I need a life too.
Somebody please help!!!!'

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I have a gosling that I hatched on may 15th this year. It was one abandoned egg. I have four adults out back and she is terrified of them. She is living in a playpen in my house because I don't know what to do with her and she won't let me out of her sight.
I take her out everyday for sunshine and grass, but I need a life too.
Somebody please help!!!!'
My suggestion would be to get another goose the same age. Put them together after quarantine of course and let them get to know each other and form their own flock. Or you could just put yours outside with the others and force it to live with them. Hope the older ones don't attack it and Eventually it will go with that flock but it will be hard since it has imprinted with you indoors. Yours is a perfect example why geese should not be kept singular. They are flock animals and very attached to their flock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts