Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbors down the street that raise chickens also work on their cars non stop.

I was walking the other evening and one of them was pecking at the auto fluid on the ground. Not sure what it was but I know it can't be good for them.

My question is do you think the eggs those chickens drinking this fluid produce will be edible?

I'm looking for any opinions I can get on this one. I don't know how well studied this is.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Personally I would not eat them, but knowing how youve described this owner he probably eats them and thinks nothing of it.

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
I think I would worry more about the chickens being poisoned than the eggs, but no, I would not eat those eggs, or the meat!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm no expert, but I have to agree. First worry is whether the chickens are being poisoned. Second is whether (most likely) toxic materials will end up in the eggs and meat. I would definitely think so. I would not eat either the eggs or the chickens!

·
Banned
825 Posts
Probably no more "dangerous" than putting an Oily finder in your mouth after you hit it with a hammer !
( I don't think it is a BIG DEAL. Our Immune Systems are very efficient...most of the time.)
but.....I ain't no Doctor....OR....Nutritionist.
....just an old oily ex-mechanic.
Ha-Ha !!!
-ReTIRED-:)

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably no more "dangerous" than putting an Oily finder in your mouth after you hit it with a hammer !
( I don't think it is a BIG DEAL. Our Immune Systems are very efficient...most of the time.)
but.....I ain't no Doctor....OR....Nutritionist.
....just an old oily ex-mechanic.
Ha-Ha !!!
-ReTIRED-:)
I'm sure you've eaten enough oil to be an expert!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts