Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Artfulwings
194 Posts
is there a way to get the previous version? that one may work on the phone i have now

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any chance of an app for the Kindle??

·
Yaya
284 Posts
I have a lifetime membership and am devoted yo CF but am frustrated, too. On neither my iPhone 4 nor my iPad can I load a picture or start a thread.
Can someone talk me through this? I have tried to search previous postings to get answers to my chicken issues, but that's not efficient and, of course, I get sidetracked. :)

Love, Gratitude and Peace, Mary

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I don't know about the iPhone but I am using the iPad currently and have no issues with pictures or starting threads. For threads, in the top right corner there's 3 dots, click that and the options for threads will appear when you are in a section of the forum that you want to post in. For pictures, when you hit reply, above he keyboard there are 4 icons, camera, photos, a bird, and 3 dots. Camera gives the option to take a pic, the photos gives the option to choose from your library, I don't know what the bird does, I assume something to do with twitter. And the 3 dots lets you choose your bbc code and signature.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How to post a thread from an iPhone:

To start a new thread, enter the section you'd like to post in and tap the 3-dot button in the top right corner.
Select "New Topic" then enter a title, followed by your question or topic.
From there you can take or attach a photo using the appropriate icon and then tap "Create" in the top right corner when finished.
The same steps apply when wanting to reply to a thread.
Enter the thread you'd like to reply to and tap the 3-dot button in the top right corner.
Select "Reply" then type your response.
You can take or attach a photo using the appropriate icon and then tap "Reply" to submit.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Tapatalk

Hi Austin, since the change to Tapatalk there is not much I can do on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I used to get a notification when there was a post to my threads. Plus when I try to log in sometimes I get a message Tapatalk is not available on this device. I can't figure out how to check my account, how to like a post, how to post etc. like I could before. Maybe I need to watch a tutorial or something? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Becky

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are some missing functionalities, but overall it should work. Likes for instance won't work.

Have you uninstalled then reinstalled the Ap yet? Can you get me a screenshot of that incompatible message?

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BroodyBunch

Do you mean Private Messages here on the forums, or email?

Are you getting an error message so you know it has not gone thru? If so, what does it tell you?

Thanks

·
Yaya
284 Posts
Hi Austin, since the change to Tapatalk there is not much I can do on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I used to get a notification when there was a post to my threads. Plus when I try to log in sometimes I get a message Tapatalk is not available on this device. I can't figure out how to check my account, how to like a post, how to post etc. like I could before. Maybe I need to watch a tutorial or something? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Becky
me, too! Galaxy says nyet to tappatalk. Would love to get back on with Chicken Pals. (using my iPad here.)

Sent from my iPad using Chicken Forum
Mary Wirick, aka. Treehouse, Profwirick, Ma Wirick???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts