Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i currently live in Arizona....(yay) and it's about 80~90 degrees and night tome is about 70.... Could i put week old chicks outside in a run by themselves....or could i put them with one adult hen....can babies get sick from being with older chickens at all?? Could i introduce them to her???

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
If I had those temps, yes I would be sending them outside. I would not put a hen with them unless you are 100% certain she will not try to kill them as soon as you walk away. I may give them a 40 watt light for middle of the night.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I would not put baby chicks in with the hen, nor would I put them in a run at such a young age. (Unless) you have a light (heat source) and you are sure they are safe from wild critters. (good cage/fence) A chick at that age can make a nice meal for a snake or even a rat.

(IMO) ~ Best of luck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would two weeks be better to put by themselves........the only thing is my coops and runs are a little fast away from the house

·
Banned
825 Posts
Where YOU live....I'd be MOST "concerned" that the chicks reman COOL-ENOUGH.
BUT...that said.....On THIS page...you can find a Previous Posting of mine ....relative to your Original question:
http://www.chickenforum.com/f38/chicks-3288/#post41094

BEST Regards from New Mexico,
ReTIRED

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
the only thing is my coops and runs are a little fast away from the house
I'm not sure what you are saying?

(And for a two weeks, again I would not ... but that is just me. ;))

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Sorry my English isn't good....but my coops are far from my house do no electrical
Thanks ...

And again I say no for the two week old chicks ... Sorry ... for me it is more like four weeks of age.

I know I'm north of you and your temps are better than mine but size comes into play also.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ...

And again I say no for the two week old chicks ... Sorry ... for me it is more like four weeks of age.

I know I'm north of you and your temps are better than mine but size comes into play also.

Best of luck!
Thank you!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts