Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't think what else these might be. My Rhode Island Red just deposited this grouping tonight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has never been sickly. This condition is subsequent to her recent molt- the stress of that likely made her susceptible to infection. Currently she is full weight, eats well, good color/blood flow, and is as bitchy and bossy as ever.

·
Administrator
18,666 Posts
Glad to know this might be from a molt and not internal laying.

Love your description of her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She has never been sickly. This condition is subsequent to her recent molt- the stress of that likely made her susceptible to infection. Currently she is full weight, eats well, good color/blood flow, and is as bitchy and bossy as ever.
Shortly after her molt, we were wafting for her first eggs. Then all of a sudden she drooped two full egg yolks and whites in one go along with a little pink mass about the size of these. I took it to be some type of vitamin or other imbalance preventing calcium/shell formation and was hoping for a natural resolution.

·
Administrator
18,666 Posts
Calciboost for goats along with vitamin D3. Calciboost is flavored so she shouldn't mind it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ok- I’ve never seen that before, would you mind taking a minute to tell me/us more about the what and why? Whoever, doesn’t much matter to me.... just curious.

·
Administrator
18,666 Posts
Basically it's a hen that is having laying complications. You see more often with hatchery birds because they're bred for the highest egg production which causes problems down the line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts