Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes they are loud. Probably not as loud as big chickens but I had two and their cock a doodle do was hilarious....quite a unique sound!!!! Neighbours weren't happy so I gave them away!

·
1,466 Posts
Yes they are loud. Probably not as loud as big chickens but I had two and their cock a doodle do was hilarious....quite a unique sound!!!! Neighbours weren't happy so I gave them away!
how far away from were they from the houses?
we have our big coop is 150' behind the house & there are no other houses near it either. we started our by just putting the chickens in the woodshed which is 8' behind the house :(
forget all of that .....our large breed rooster (buff orpington) would start sounding off at 5am
i could clearly hear that boy from my bedroom:eek:
now that we have a coop way out back i can't hear the roos unless the windows are open. then i can hear them some.

good luck
piglett

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well to be fair my Roos lived basically lived next to the house... I guess that's why they were so noisy!!!:).... I think it was also the frequency with which one of them would crow.....but that is just the individual bird and Nowt to do with silkies!!!! So get them as they are lovely natured birds..... By the way the day after I got rid of mine my silkie hen went broody... She must have known it was last chance saloon. :)

image-754156888.jpg

.. and here they are!

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sideways said:
And here they are adjust a few days old... Ah
How cute! Looks like my roo hope my chicks are that cute! If he ever gets brave enough to mount my hens ha! Or if I ever get a broody hen

·
Registered
513 Posts
My silkie isn't loud but he crows ALL DAY to make up for it. He's got a bit of a napoleon complex too.... acts all tough charging at me.... until I pick him up, then he's a sweetie.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts