Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about installing a Pinterest button on posts for people to pin stuff to their wall.

Anyone use it?

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I use it but never use the Pin it button on blogs or pics I see. I just use the pin it button I have on my tool bar.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I really don't know, I'm just understanding it. You have a toolbar icon you use, I guess you downloaded as a browser plugin?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah... I'm still lost. :rolleyes:
Pinterest is like an online bulletin board... basically when you find something you like on the internet you can push a button and put it on your "bulletin board" so it shows up on your page... you can categorize things that you like and you can look at the things that other people have pinned and you can put those things on your bulletin board as well...

it seems a bit silly but I tend to use it for products that I like, or recipes or craft ideas that I think are cool.... it is a good place to save things that I might want to go back to later instead of bookmarking... or just a neat picture that I might want to look at again....

here is my pinterest page.... it might help to go and take a look....

http://pinterest.com/milbrose/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pinterest is a web site where you "pin" images to your "board". You pin images that relate to the stuff your life is about. Cooking, sewing, raising chickens :), clothes. Etc..... You have to be invited though. if you have a friend who is a member they can send you an invite. I love it, it is very addictive!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you pin ChickenForum threads like this one to your board or just images?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love pinterest! I am completely addicted to it. I think a "pin it" button would be really nice, because I use this forum from my phone mostly, and it's a little harder to pin from it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm, interesting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We use Pinterest to show examples of Coops, Recipes, Urban Farms etc...It's a great tool to easily show what you are "blogging" about. The only issue is that it's hard to get people to "follow" you. They can re-pin your post but don't have to "follow" you to have access to your boards...We keep at it everyday hoping that by using it we can point people to our website or Facebook page...

http://pinterest.com/chickenfountain/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will someone "invite me," to pinterest? My email is kathyinmo at gmail dot com.
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts