Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a legbar or araucana mix to me.
Great thanks. Anyway I can tell if it's a hen or cockerel? It has been rescued and is missing feathers. Has not layed at all and has an occasional crow but is very calm and placid with no aggression xxx

·
Administrator
21,848 Posts
That's an awful pic. It would be best if you could get a good side shot of the bird. Poor thing does look rough and you might be the only reason it has any chance at all.

Not all roosters are aggressive so it's not a great well to tell. And if he's feeling less than spunky it could cool his jets too.

If you can, get a better pic. And congratulations on you for rescuing him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's an awful pic. It would be best if you could get a good side shot of the bird. Poor thing does look rough and you might be the only reason it has any chance at all.

Not all roosters are aggressive so it's not a great well to tell. And if he's feeling less than spunky it could cool his jets too.

If you can, get a better pic. And congratulations on you for rescuing him.
Hi Robin

Thanks so much, I just popped out and took more pics. He or she has been with me about 10days and has survived an awful ordeal. He or she has been on pain relief but is starting to come off it now and still a bit nervous but no aggression. They will let me pick them up. Some feathers are missing at the back so it's hard to tell. Dont worry about the bandage on the leg, he or she had a broken leg which is in a splint due to come off on Sunday. Xxx
Brown Bird Phasianidae Comb Chicken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Robin

Thanks so much, I just popped out and took more pics. He or she has been with me about 10days and has survived an awful ordeal. He or she has been on pain relief but is starting to come off it now and still a bit nervous but no aggression. They will let me pick them up. Some feathers are missing at the back so it's hard to tell. Dont worry about the bandage on the leg, he or she had a broken leg which is in a splint due to come off on Sunday. Xxx
Bird Wood Grey Beak Tints and shades

·
Registered
Chick Lover
1,740 Posts
Definite cockerel since the saddle feathers say so. Any crowing?

·
Registered
Chick Lover
1,740 Posts
Ah thanks so much. Only occasionally crowing , good to know though. He will be well loved (and given a change of name🤣) xxx
Oh yes, if crowing then cockerel no pullets will crow.. What's his name?

·
Registered
Chick Lover
1,740 Posts
Drumstick is a nice name for a rooster. I can't get over this name though "Rooster Cogburn".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That headshot was the best. It shows he's doing well.

How many did you rescue?
He was the only one there. I've got girl hens he can live with once hes fully recovered. They are all rescue too so they can support each other. Amazing how resilient they are xxx

1 - 20 of 32 Posts