Anyone here have PotBelly pigs?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by geminicowgirl, Dec 8, 2012.

1. geminicowgirl

geminicowgirl New Member

Just got my very 1st piglet, and I am soo in love. I have lots of questions for anyone who has raised them before

2. robopetz

robopetz New Member

I've always wanted one! How old is yours? Pic?

3. geminicowgirl

geminicowgirl New Member

4. robopetz

robopetz New Member

A cutie! I will have a farm one day and get all the animals I ever wanted including a pot belly! Hahah hopeful thinking huh!?.... Lol

5. amandahalterman

amandahalterman Junior Member

I have a hog not a potbelly, she is 13 wks old, I don't know if I can answer your questions, but we've had her since 3 wks old, so I'll give it a try

Attached Files:

6. lbcoats

lbcoats New Member

I work for a veterinarian that sees pot bellies i can try to answer general questions regarding vaccinations, worming etc...Not sure on the raising of them though.

7. BlackCrowFarm

BlackCrowFarm Junior Member

We've had two, at different times, unfortunately one passed due to an enlarged heart & the other from cancer. They came to us because their owner no longer wanted them so we didn't get them as babies.
    Someday I would love to have a piglet, they are just so darn cute!

8. geminicowgirl

geminicowgirl New Member

Def have questions for you I am trying to see if I can get her vaccinated against rabies??? No seems to have that answer. My small animal vet can't seem to find a porcine rabies vacc. I want to take her to work with me one day so she needs her FarrowSure B and Rabies

9. geminicowgirl

geminicowgirl New Member

Just want info on a porcine vaccine, my vet and I can't seem to find one anywhere.

10. madonna

madonna Junior Member

ForumRunner_20121211_172809.jpg

ForumRunner_20121211_173117.jpg

I have two potbelly pigs I'm trying to attach their pictures will see if it works

11. madonna

madonna Junior Member

I'm going to my vet tomorrow taking 1 of my chickens and I'll ask about that shot and see if he can help

12. geminicowgirl

geminicowgirl New Member

That would be awesome, would love to know what your vet has to say. I look forward to checking back here tomorrow

13. geminicowgirl

geminicowgirl New Member

OMG soooo cute

14. madonna

madonna Junior Member

I talk to my vet and he said any large animal Rabie shot will work but they don't give the porcine has to be special ordered nobody gives it enough to keep it in stock I hope this helps mine has the large animal rabies shot and has been great and there was a great site online I'll get it for you in post it later 4 potbelly pigs and she'll even type phone calls they're great

15. madonna

madonna Junior Member

this site help me out so much when I first got my potbellys Pigs4ever.com

16. geminicowgirl

geminicowgirl New Member

Thanks Madonna. I found a vet and he is coming tomorrow for her 1st set of shots, and in 3 weeks he will administer a porcine rabies vacc, it's going to cost my boyfriend an arm and a leg lol. But worth it, I want my little Callie as healthy as possible.

17. madonna

madonna Junior Member

just tell your boyfriend happy girlfriend makes a happy boy friend lol but check out that's site you can buy toys and everything for your potbelly there. mine love for me to pop popcorn and then dump it in at kids pool full of hay and they will go through and pick every little piece out

18. geminicowgirl

geminicowgirl New Member

Fantastic idea LOL. And yes happy girlfriend means happy life hahaha. $438.00 for 2 vet visits in 3 weeks yikes. Definitely gonna try the pop corn thing