Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my very 1st piglet, and I am soo in love. I have lots of questions for anyone who has raised them before

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
A cutie! I will have a farm one day and get all the animals I ever wanted including a pot belly! Hahah hopeful thinking huh!?.... Lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
I work for a veterinarian that sees pot bellies i can try to answer general questions regarding vaccinations, worming etc...Not sure on the raising of them though.

·
27 Posts
We've had two, at different times, unfortunately one passed due to an enlarged heart & the other from cancer. They came to us because their owner no longer wanted them so we didn't get them as babies.
Someday I would love to have a piglet, they are just so darn cute!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lbcoats said:
I work for a veterinarian that sees pot bellies i can try to answer general questions regarding vaccinations, worming etc...Not sure on the raising of them though.
Def have questions for you I am trying to see if I can get her vaccinated against rabies??? No seems to have that answer. My small animal vet can't seem to find a porcine rabies vacc. I want to take her to work with me one day so she needs her FarrowSure B and Rabies

·
17 Posts
I talk to my vet and he said any large animal Rabie shot will work but they don't give the porcine has to be special ordered nobody gives it enough to keep it in stock I hope this helps mine has the large animal rabies shot and has been great and there was a great site online I'll get it for you in post it later 4 potbelly pigs and she'll even type phone calls they're great

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Madonna. I found a vet and he is coming tomorrow for her 1st set of shots, and in 3 weeks he will administer a porcine rabies vacc, it's going to cost my boyfriend an arm and a leg lol. But worth it, I want my little Callie as healthy as possible.

·
17 Posts
just tell your boyfriend happy girlfriend makes a happy boy friend lol but check out that's site you can buy toys and everything for your potbelly there. mine love for me to pop popcorn and then dump it in at kids pool full of hay and they will go through and pick every little piece out

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fantastic idea LOL. And yes happy girlfriend means happy life hahaha. $438.00 for 2 vet visits in 3 weeks yikes. Definitely gonna try the pop corn thing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts