Anyone here also on other forums?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by jthornton, May 16, 2018.

1. jthornton

jthornton Member

Anyone here also on backyardchickens? Maybe you can tell the moderators their software sucks, it keeps locking me out because it sends an email to me and something happens I don't know what.

JT

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Super Mod Staff Member

The moderators were the reason I left 3 years ago. So no I don't go there anymore.

Maryellen likes this.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Well-Known Member

I left there 3 years ago as well, but went back. I go between this site and BYC. Mods were an issue back then. However I'm not there to please the mods. I'm there and here to help out folks with chicken problems as best as I can, including mods.
    I've never had any computer problems there nor here.

4. jthornton

jthornton Member

I don't have any computer problems just the forum locking me out because it said I didn't get an email from them lol.

JT

5. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Well-Known Member

Afew folks do have that issue over there. They have been told but haven't done anything - I had a small issue, wrote to tell them and got a snarky reply - so I spend most of my time/effort here :)

chickenqueen, Sylie and jthornton like this.
  6. Sylie

Sylie Active Member

I came here from BYC because the people are so snotty. I do pop back in now and then but 90% of my time is here, the people are much nicer here.

Maryellen likes this.
  7. Nm156

Nm156 Well-Known Member

Most of the original members here from 2012-13 left for BYC.

8. jthornton

jthornton Member

Why did that happen?

JT

9. jthornton

jthornton Member

IIRC the first time I got locked out I used the contact form but nothing ever happened so I guess lazy moderators.

JT

10. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome,JT!!!You found the best chicken forum.I don't need any other site and here at Chicken Forum it's much more personal.And new members are always welcome here....

jthornton likes this.
  11. seminolewind

seminolewind Super Mod Staff Member

NM, I guess there wasn't enough activity here?

I guess it's preference. Some may like a big forum . Some like a smaller forum because it's more personable, people here actually listen to what you say, and the cumulative IQ is higher, LOL.