Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our leghorns a couple weeks ago and one of them has interesting markings on him. Just wandering if the black dots are common on white leghorns or did someone throw in a surprise breed? Lol

Attachments

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
I don't know anything about the breed, but that would automatically be my favorite, and my pet chicken!!! It's adorable!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a couple of white leghorn backyard mixes and they sometimes end up looking like that so I think you have a mixed breed chicken, not that those aren't great also. My leghorns with black in them is usually a mix of white leghorns with barred rock.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I've never seen a white leghorn have black markings before. Maybe you got the "mystery of the day" chick? :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
It looks like a astralorp leghorn cross. I have seen pics before that look similier but i forget the name. They are crossed to produce a great white egg layer that isnt as flighty as a leghorn.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it is an austra white they are pretty chickens but it could be a California white chicken. They look like leghorns but have black spots on them. They are 1/3 barred rock and 2/3 leghorn. It could be a tetra tint it is a new hybrid breed that I am seeing a TSC when I see th selling chickens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts