Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas as to what these might be. I can get better pictures tomorrow. The white ones are from tractor supply and they were an assortment. The reds were suppose to be RIR pullets from tractor supply.

image-1632854045.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
825 Posts
GUESS: Red Sex-Links OR Easter-Eggers ( commonly called "Ameracaunas"...but NOT necessarily Ameracaunas..... )
You MIGHT ASK your LOCAL "Tractor Supply"...to ask the "Main Company" just WHAT was shipped to them....???
GOOD LUCK ! ( It COSTS NUTHIN' to ASK. And ...possibly...they'll attempt to TELL a "Good Customer". I would. )
-ReTIRED-

·
Registered
764 Posts
I was supposed to have two RIR from tractor supply as well. The biggest looks exactly them. I think they are production reds as I've read it is rare to get RIR. I'm sure tractor supply figured most people won't notice or care about the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I was supposed to have two RIR from tractor supply as well. The biggest looks exactly them. I think they are production reds as I've read it is rare to get RIR. I'm sure tractor supply figured most people won't notice or care about the difference.
It's not Tractor supply trying to pass off the production reds. They just label their bins with the breed names the hatchery lists them as. Its the hatcheries that claim Rhode Island Red but sells chicks not true to the breed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The ones that are red and white, when they were still a few days old, were they a light reddish tan color with a couple reddish brown stripes on their back?
That's what cinnamon queen chicks look like (hens), and my 3 week old cinn queens look just like the birds in your pic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts