Antibiotics

Discussion in 'Emergencies, Illness, Meds & Cures' started by kahiltna_flock, Jan 25, 2013.

1. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

Last week I noticed by Cochin didnt come running when I brought out their warm oats and yogurt. They all see me coming and jump and get all excited, not Roberta. So I snatched her up to check on her. She sounded like she had a stuffy nose. I consulted my group of long time chicken keepers and they suggested I treat the whole flock before they all get sick. I guess there have been many who have lost hens this winter. Anyway, we can't use the eggs now. Bummer.

image-2488528612.jpg

I decided to blow as many as i can and have a big basket full of eggs on my counter. At least i can enjoy them by looking at them...such a waste. Good news is Roberta is eating and acting 'normal' now. None of the others showed any signs of illness.

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Glad shed feeling better. You could always crush up the egg shells and feed them back to the girls. Recycling at its best.

3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Scramble the eggs, and feed them back to the girls, too. It won't hurt them.

4. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

I do that regularly. Wasn't sure about doing that with the tainted eggs. I am going to look for a vintage or vintage looking basket to put the blown eggs in.