Chicken Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I noticed by Cochin didnt come running when I brought out their warm oats and yogurt. They all see me coming and jump and get all excited, not Roberta. So I snatched her up to check on her. She sounded like she had a stuffy nose. I consulted my group of long time chicken keepers and they suggested I treat the whole flock before they all get sick. I guess there have been many who have lost hens this winter. Anyway, we can't use the eggs now. Bummer.

image-2488528612.jpg

I decided to blow as many as i can and have a big basket full of eggs on my counter. At least i can enjoy them by looking at them...such a waste. Good news is Roberta is eating and acting 'normal' now. None of the others showed any signs of illness.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Glad shed feeling better. You could always crush up the egg shells and feed them back to the girls. Recycling at its best.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Energyvet said:
Glad shed feeling better. You could always crush up the egg shells and feed them back to the girls. Recycling at its best.
I do that regularly. Wasn't sure about doing that with the tainted eggs. I am going to look for a vintage or vintage looking basket to put the blown eggs in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts